'Treats' Acrylic on wood assemblage ©robinrkent

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Coffee Mug As Artist Tool

One necessary tool when painting or creating assemblages is my Montreal coffee mug. I have other mugs, but this one is my favorite.
Favorite scenic painting spot?
Although Montreal is just a magical train ride away, (aren't they all?), I haven't been back since childhood. So I pour my first cup of espresso, grab my bags and board the mysterious 'Montrealer' for a joy ride. I travel to unseen places - with great scenic vistas - while I paint. 'Express' time travel is a wonderful thing. Bet we hold the same boarding pass whatever grounds we choose.

6 comments:

Mimi said...

I love your boat crew! it is wonderful. Your knowledge of 3 dimensional art fascinates me. Who knew!

Mimi Torchia Boothby Watercolors

Sand said...

Ah, mixing the backstage with the back story, very nice. Btw I bet you are not always on the express joyride sometimes I think you take the local

Robin Kent said...

...and sometimes I'm located in stowage.

Carole Reid said...

A favourite mug and a good brew can take the creative mind on such fascinating travels. Isn't it wonderful!
I can't put my mug on the table near my paints or I accidentally use it as the water jar!

Robin Kent said...

Ooooo...I know what that feels like, Carole! I've also done the opposite which gives another tactile surprise: dunked my brush deep into what I thought was my rinse jar and sunk it up to my fingers into a jar of thick paint.

Cindi Myers said...

I love reading your posts, they always give me something to think about. :D
and I LOVE seeing your work table!